Dopey Dwarf Personality
Some Strengths which Dopey may exhibit in a Group Meeting:
- Dopey people are very flexible, have a simple sense of humor which they use in tense situations.
- Dopey is good on the physical plane, he like to be active and exercise, work well with his hands and is able to master tools with ease.
- Dopey is resourceful and take care of the group by neutralizing tension.
- Dopey is good attention payer.
- Dopey is very aware of his senses, the way things look, taste, feel, and smell.
- Dopey dwarf people are kind, gentle, and sensitive in their dealings with people.
- Dopey tends to be animal lover and appreciate the beauty of nature.
- Dopey is original and independent in their view of the world.
- While they come across as being carefree and lighthearted, they actually take life very seriously, although they are uncomfortable with theorizing.
- Good at looking for practical applications.
- Dopeys have no desire to lead or control others, but feel compelled to interact when people they care about may be hurt.
- Dopey tends to show his concerns through actions rather than words.
- Dopey-dwarf type tends to be artistic.
How do you know when you have a Dopey in your meeting?
- Dopey looks interested but only speaks when called upon
- Dopey tries to hide in the middle
- Dopey-dwarf person parrots the expert
- Dopey smiles self consciously
- Dopey may try to crack a self deprecatory joke
Some Difficult Behaviors which Dopey may exhibit in a Group Meeting:
- Dopey says, "I don't know," "I'm not sure," or "maybe"
- Dopey tries to get away with never registering his own opinion
- If writing responses, dopey will try to scratch out "wrong answer" after hearing answers
Assumed Feelings Underlying BOTH Strengths and Weaknesses for Dopey:
- Dopey is afraid of being blamed
- Dopey is unwilling to take responsibility for his ideas
- Dopey has fear of being called "stupid"
- Dopey tends to put down his own ideas internally
- Dopey would really like to be seen as having worthwhile thoughts but too frightened to risk it
How to Leverage Dopey Strengths:
- Let dopey know that the results of the work in the group will have practical applications and benefits to others.
- Give him freedom to respond to the questions in his own way on paper. All answers are good answers
- Let dopey dwarf draw his ideas on paper
- Laugh at dopey's jokes, if at all possible
Potential Interventions to Diffuse Dopey Problems:
- Ask dopey to read his response verbatim
- Give praise, "That's an interesting point!"
- Jot down response verbatim on flip chart
- Stand to his right
- Anchor appropriate response
General Description of Dopey Personality:
Dopey people live in the world of sensation possibilities. They are keenly in tune with the way things look, taste, sound, feel and smell. They have a strong aesthetic appreciation for art, and are likely to be artists in some form, because they are unusually gifted at creating and composing things which will strongly affect the senses. They have a strong set of values, which they strive to consistently meet in their lives. They need to feel as if they're living their lives in accordance with what they feel is right, and will rebel against anything which conflicts with that goal. They're likely to choose jobs and careers which allow them the freedom of working towards the realization of their value-oriented personal goals.
Dopeys tend to be quiet and reserved, and difficult to get to know well. They hold back their ideas and opinions except from those who they are closest to. They are likely to be kind, gentle and sensitive in their dealings with people. They are interested in contributing to people's sense of well-being and happiness, and will put a great deal of effort and energy into tasks which they believe in.
Dopey dawarf people have a strong affinity for aesthetics and beauty. They're likely to be animal lovers, and to have a true appreciation for the beauties of nature. They're original and independent, and need to have personal space. They value people who take the time to understand them and who support them in pursuing their goals in their own, unique way. People who don't know them well may see their unique way of life as a sign of carefree light-heartedness, but Dopey actually takes life very seriously, constantly gathering specific information and shifting it through their value systems, in search for clarification and underlying meaning.
Dopeys are action-oriented individuals. They are "doers", and are usually uncomfortable with theorizing concepts and ideas, unless they see a practical application. They learn best in a "hands-on" environment, and consequently may become easily bored with the traditional teaching methods or meetings which emphasize abstract thinking. They do not like impersonal analysis, and are uncomfortable with the idea of making decisions based strictly on logic. Their strong value systems demand that decisions are evaluated against their subjective beliefs, rather than against some objective rules or laws.
Dopey dwarf people are extremely perceptive and aware of other dwarfs. They constantly gather specific information about people, and seek to discover what it means. They are usually penetratingly accurate in their perceptions of others.
Dopeys are warm and sympathetic. They genuinely care about people, and are strongly service-oriented in their desire to please. They have an unusually deep well of caring for those who are close to them, and are likely to show their love through actions, rather than words.
Dopeys have no desire to lead or control others, just as they have no desire to be led or controlled by others. They need space and time alone to evaluate the circumstances of their life against their value system, and are likely to respect other people's needs for the same.
Dopey is likely to not give himself enough credit for the things which they do extremely well. Their strong value systems can lead them to be intensely perfectionist, and cause them to judge themselves with unneccesary harshness.
Dopey has many special gifts for the world, especially in the areas of creating artistic sensation, and selflessly serving others. Life is not likely to be extremely easy for Dopey, because they take life so seriously, but they have the tools to make their lives and the lives of those close to them richly rewarding experiences.
Dopeys lead others by using personal loyalty as a motivating factor. They have a skill of tapping into people's good intentions and using these as well as praise and encouragement, rather than criticism, to lead others. They are particularly skilled at dealing with emergencies and crisis, rising to the challenges of these situations.
Dopey dawarf people savor leisure, enjoying lives moments as they happen. They enjoy doing fun things with their friends and family. They like to spend money on their friends and family, surprising them with such things as tickets to amusing activities or trips to interesting places. They also enjoy solitary activities such as painting, cooking, needlework, skiing, carpentry, home or car repair, and home improvements.
Dopeys are appreciated for their warm and sensitivity to others needs. People are impressed by their skill at being sensitive to their external environment and acting impulsively to these sensations. They impress on others the importance of stopping to smell the roses.
OTHER DWARF PERSONALITIES:
To read descriptions of the other dwarf personalities, choose an appropriate link below: