Sneezy Dwarf Personality Type
Some Strengths which Sneezy may exhibit in a Group Meeting:
- Sneezy is organized and methodical
- Sneezy has strong sense of duty so follow through on tasks assigned
- Sneezy takes pride in his loyalty and faithful dependability
- Sneezy is very honest and respect the rules of the group
How do you know when you have a Sneezy Dwarf in your meeting?
- Sneezy sits to the moderator's left
- Sneezy might look sick - red nose and eyes, droopy
- Sneezy lets group know how bad he feels
- Sneezy disrupts by constantly coughing, sneezing, blowing his nose, clearing his throat
- Sneezy interrupts with complaints about environment - - too hot, too cold, too drafty
- Sneezy says, "yes but..."
Some Difficult Behaviors which Sneezy may exhibit in a Group Meeting:
- Sneezy tries to sabotage the leadership in the guise of being honest or helpful
Assumed Feelings Underlying BOTH Strengths and Weaknesses for Sneezy:
- Sneezy feels powerless
- Sneezy cannot get needs met directly
- Sneezy is afraid no one cares about him
- Sneezy is unable to express anger or disappointment
- Sneezy manipulates with illness or problems to be noticed or taken care of
How to Leverage Sneezy Dwarf Strengths:
- Be clear about the rules and guidelines for the group
- Emphasize structure
- Give them time to concentrate on the questions and jot down the responses
- Let them know what the ultimate objectives are for the group
- Since they are great at remembering facts and details, refer back to them about those particular aspects for clarification
- Avoid asking them to take risks
- Give them some responsibility in the group
- Let them be the leader's helper
Potential Interventions to Diffuse Sneezy Dwarf Problems:
- If appropriate, screen out allergics or sick people upfront
- Acknowledge his annoyance and complaints
- Ask other group member to exchange seats
- Have him ask hostess to lower/raise heat, etc.
- Let him know that you care about him
General Description of Sneezy Personality:
Sneezies are quiet and reserved individuals who are interested in security and peaceful living. They have a strongly-felt internal sense of duty, which lends them a serious air and the motivation to follow through on tasks. They are organized and methodical in their approach.
Sneezies take pride in their loyalty, faithfulness, and dependability. They place great importance on honesty and integrity. They are "good citizens" who can be depended on to do the right thing for their families and communities. While they generally take things very seriously, they also usually have an offbeat sense of humor and can be a lot of fun - especially at family or work-related gatherings.
Sneezy respect laws and traditions, and expect the same from others. They're not comfortable with breaking laws or going against the rules. They tend to believe that things should be done according to procedures and plans. In a meeting, they may become overly obsessed with structure, and insist on doing everything "by the book".
Sneezy is extremely dependable on following through with things which he or she has promised. For this reason, they sometimes get more and more work piled on them. Because Sneezy has such a strong sense of duty, he may have a difficult time saying "no" when given more work than can reasonably be handled.
Sneezy will work for long periods of time and put tremendous amounts of energy into doing any task which they see as important to fulfilling a goal. However, they will resist putting energy into things which don't make sense to them, or for which they can't see a practical application. They prefer to work alone. They like to be accountable for their actions, and enjoy being in positions of authority. Sneezy has little use for theory or abstract thinking, unless the practical application is clear.
Sneezy also has tremendous respect for facts. They hold a tremendous store of facts within themselves, which they have gathered through their Sensing preference. They may have difficulty understanding a theory or idea which is different from their own perspective. However, if they are shown the importance or relevance of the idea to someone who they respect or care about, the idea becomes a fact, which Sneezy will internalize and support. Once Sneezy supports a cause or idea, he or she will stop at no lengths to ensure that they are doing their duty of giving support where support is needed.
Sneezy people are not naturally in tune with their own feelings and the feelings of others. They may have difficulty picking up on emotional needs immediately, as they are presented. Being perfectionists themselves, they have a tendency to take other people's efforts for granted, like they take their own efforts for granted. They need to remember to pat people on the back once in a while.
Sneezy guys are likely to be uncomfortable expressing affection and emotion to others. However, their strong sense of duty and the ability to see what needs to be done in any situation usually allows them to overcome their natural reservations, and they are usually quite supporting and caring individuals with the people that they love.
Sneezy is extremely faithful and loyal. Traditional and family-minded, they will put forth great amounts of effort at making their homes and families running smoothly. They are responsible parents, taking their parenting roles seriously. They are usually good and generous providers to their families. They care deeply about those close to them, although they usually are not comfortable with expressing their love. Sneezy is likely to express affection through actions, rather than through words.
Sneezy people have an excellent ability to take any task and define it, organize it, plan it, and implement it through to completion. They are very hard workers, who do not allow obstacles to get in the way of performing their duties. They do not usually give themselves enough credit for their achievements, seeing their accomplishments simply as the natural fulfillment of their obligations.
They are the first to notice distractions in the meeting room.
Under stress, Sneezy may fall into "catastrophe mode", seeing nothing but all of the possibilities of what could go wrong. They will berate themselves for things which they should have done differently, or duties which they failed to perform. They will lose their ability to see things calmly and reasonably, and will depress themselves with their visions of doom. In a meeting this may be externalized as complaints about group process or focussed on the test materials.
OTHER DWARF PERSONALITIES:
To read descriptions of the other Dwarf Personalities, choose an appropriate link below: